This is the controversial preliminary project for vacation housing prepared by the Canary Islands Government

This is the controversial preliminary project for vacation housing prepared by the Canary Islands Government

[ad_1]

Thursday, April 4, 2024, 12:15

you need to be registered to access this functionality.

The Department of Tourism of the Government of the Canary Islands has presented the Draft Law on the sustainable management of tourist use of housing, which is expected to come into force during the last quarter of 2024.

Among other issues, the law establishes that the 88 municipalities of the islands must reserve in their respective urban planning 90% of their buildable area for residential homes, leaving a maximum quota of 10% for tourist use of accommodation in homes and other economic activities. In the case of the green islands (La Palma, La Gomera and El Hierro), the limit quota for holiday homes will be 20%.

A demanding regulation that includes sustainability, quality and competitiveness requirements and that will set limits on anyone who wants to change the residential use of their new home to dedicate themselves to vacation rentals.

Full text of the Draft Vacation Housing Law

[ad_2]

Source link